Environmental Process Engineering specialist with about 20 years experience. Operation support and process optimization based on process data and chemical analysis. Experience in diverse processes units in Norway and abroad; sulphide removal, biogas, biogas up-gradation, syngas fermentation, chemical dosage, nitrification, denitrification.
- Associate Professor (2010-today); Department of Process, Energy and Environment, University of South-Eastern Norway (USN), Porsgrunn, Norway.
- Environmental Engineering Consultant (2009-2019), Dinamarca Consulting, Stathelle, Norway
- Assistant professor (2004-2009), Telemark University College (TUC), Porsgrunn, Norway.
- Consultant for Fishing Industry (2) (2001 -2003), Puerto Montt, Chile
- Chemistry teacher (2002-2003), secondary and pre-University schools, Santiago & Puerto Montt, Chile
- Lector, Water Chemistry (2000-2001), University Polytechnic of the Coast (ESPOL), Ecuador.
- Research Internship (1999), Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis Brazil.
- Teaching & laboratory assistant 1994-1998, University of Antofagasta (UA), Chile.
- Ph.D. Environmental Biotechnology (2010), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway. Dissertation: Homoacetogenic H2 Consumption in Fermentative Hydrogen Production Processes.
- M.Sc., Environmental Analysis, Aquaculture (2001), ESPOL/KU LEUVEN/UC LEUVEN, Ecuador/Belgium.
- Siv. Eng. Aquaculture (1998), University of Antofagasta (UA), Chile.
- B.Sc. in MarineScience (1995), University of Antofagasta (UA), Chile.
- In water and wastewater quality parameter, analytical techniques according to US/NO standards methods.
- Evaluation, optimization, design of biological wastewater/sludge treatment units.
- Design sampling, analytical and operational routines for the efficient operation of wastewater/sludge treatment units.
- Data analysis, exposition, reporting.
Spanish (mother language); Norwegian (Fluent), English (Fluent), Portuguese (Good)